Click for more info ►
Click for jobs ►
Location: South East - Oxfordshire and Home Counties
Salary: £55,000 to £60,000
Job Ref: SW1215
Closing Date: 12/07/2019
Interim HRBP – Children’s Services
Up to £60k FTC or day rate
You will shape and implement effective people strategies, plans and initiatives to meet service needs and help ensure organisational and people capabilities are in place to deliver outstanding services to children and families in Oxfordshire. You will work with the leadership teams to shape, manage and successfully deliver transformation programmes for children’s services.
Provide HR expertise to shape service strategies, planning and operational delivery ensuring the highest standards of employee engagement, workforce efficiency and effectiveness.
• Develop workforce plans, including learning and development, workforce supply and demand, talent and succession management and retention strategies engaging and commissioning relevant HR teams and expertise.
• Steer and advice on change management initiatives, restructures, service and job redesign, outsourcing and insourcing, redundancy programmes etc. ensuring change programmes are properly planned, communicated, resourced and successfully delivered.
• Develop networks across services to gain insight and understanding to identify where HR can create most value.
• Provide oversight and professional expertise and escalation point for all employee relations matters including in schools, ensuring risks and matters are managed appropriately and in a timely way and taking ownership of complex and contentious cases.
• Work with leaders, managers, trade unions and employee representatives to create positive employee relations.
• Lead and drive a strong performance culture promoting continual learning, innovation and improvement.
• Ensure key tactical and strategic HR initiatives and interventions are fully supported, well planned and have successful outcomes in services.
• Coach and support service leads to manage informal and formal people related issues to successful outcomes. Take the lead in complex and sensitive employment relations issues and maintain oversight on all employee relations issues within the directorate ensuring risks are appropriately managed.
You will be MCIPD or equivalent with commitment to continuous professional development coupled with significant experience of supporting organisational change ideally in local government or diverse/complex public services.
If you believe this is a role for you and you are available please send a full CV quoting reference SW1215.
Please note that all successfull applicants will be notified within 21 days